Spicy Chicken Wholemeal Tortilla Stack Recipe
This recipe is a very tasty way for you to enjoy Whole Grain – and without breaking the bank!
Cost Per Serving
75p - 99p
Nutrition Per Serving
On average as a nation it seems we’re consuming too much saturated fat. Eating too much can increase your cholesterol, which is a risk factor for heart disease. Replacing saturated fats with unsaturated fats can help maintain healthy cholesterol levels, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Fibre is classed as a carbohydrate and you should aim to eat 30g fibre each day. Eating plenty of fibre is good for your digestive health and is associated with a lower risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and some cancers.
Thanks for rating. Now leave a tip or review
- Mix the chicken with the chilli powder and seasoning. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken for 3 minutes. Add the vegetables and fry for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Brush the tortillas with the remaining oil and fry for 30 seconds each side in a clean frying pan.
- Spoon half the chicken onto 2 tortillas, then top each one with the remaining tortillas and scatter with chopped coriander.
- Serve with a spoonful of soured cream and grated cheese.
- Replace the mushrooms with kidney beans for extra texture and colour.